20 February 2012

Project Mgmt

A new module which I learned this new term is Project Management (PM). This is a really interesting module, very very nice lecturer. Not hard, just very tedious one. This time round, the main assignment is an individual work which require me to come out with a PM rport for a future project.

The lecturer did provide us with 10 ideas like organising an Asean Ministerial conference, red carpet movie premium, opening a fashion boutique with the designer turning up for opening ceremony, upgrading a small town project or even the lauch of a new product in the market !

Well, since we are allowed to have other ideas.... and the few which I asked were already apporved by Dr Dipan, the question now is to decide which one to work on.

There's really 2 which I like a lot.
A) Setting up a child care ctr in my company clubhouse


B) Setting up a roof-top Veggie cafe



Option A - my interest, since Im a parent myself, and my 2nd choice of career would be in eduction. And if I were to do this, then Im targetting at the multipurpose hall for the classroom. Probably... I will also go for a Cherie Hearts franchise, so then Cherie Hearts can provide me with the standards required for a school already. And I will propose to have both the outdoor and indoor playground to be back in the clubhouse (smiles)...
Feasible? Yes, I think so. haa haa

Option B - the dream of my spouse. Finding a building for the cafe, Seeking approval from the relevant authorities, coming out with the design of the cafe, external decor, internal decor... Ambience we want is a relax one. What else do we require? Oh, the menu. What do we want to serve? deifnitely more towards ang mo style. finger food. cafe... artifical grass where children can run around.
Feasible? of course, just... How much this project will cost? and how long does it take? ke ke ke.

No comments:

Post a Comment